Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stylin' Road Trip

How lucky am I? My beloved grandparents offered to take me, my mother and my THREE kids on a road trip in their fancy motorhome. We headed north from Salt Lake City and crossed through Idaho and a bit of Montana while en route to Yellowstone. The drive was gorgeous. I LOVED hearing my grandpa tell stories about different cities we passed. My favorite was about when his parents were courting... My great grandfather would catch a ride home from a wild horse after going on a date with my great grandmother. Wouldn't that be incredible?!


That arc outside the window (in Jackson Hole) is made out of real antlers!




We encountered this rainbow just before crossing into Yellowstone.


We stopped at the most beautiful, clear river I've ever seen. There were huge fish hiding under the bridge.




One of my sweet little rugrats changed the color setting on my camera to black and white for the gyser-viewing part of the trip. Our favorites were the "mud pots." It looked like boiling clay.




The Grand Tetons were also amazing. They were gargantuan mountains. There were so many beautiful wildflowers everywhere. And rivers. Flowing rivers. And lakes. Lots of water.




We saw a bunch of animals too, including a moose, a wolf, several buffalo, many antelope and tons of ground squirrels (which the kids loved to chase).

I really feel thankful that my kids got to share this experience with my grandparents - just like I did when I was a kid. Thanks G&G!

8 comments:

  1. So sweet! I guess I need to hurry up and get me some more kids so we can share those memories too!

    Speaking of web cams, we should get together! I think we have ours set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so much fun!! what great memories tfor your kids to have of their great grandparents... you are such a sweetheart Mary! I have only met you twice, and I just love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! That was travelling 777 miles in 2 days. How lucky were we!!! Except for that part when Madilyn pointed at her Graco port-a-crib and said, "no like it!" You deserve the 'patience with a smile medal,' Mar! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the black and white picts! I know it was an accident but what a good accident! Madilyn is so CUTE! And Talia and Landen look so grown up in all the pictures! You guys are such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the kids chase the moose and wolf too? :) What a great trip! I am just dying to go on a motor home trip, and this makes me want it more! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when G+G took Rachel, Kendall, and Me on this trip. I for sure remember some of those things. It's probably about the same. I'm sorry I couldn't have been in Utah at the same time as you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mary, me again. :) Just thought I'd point out that I tagged you on my blog. It's an easy one, but only do it if you feel like it. I know your fans would love to see it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now it's my turn to tell you: time for an update! I love you!

    ReplyDelete