Thursday, January 31, 2008

Brrrrr!

In response to the numerous blogs regarding the harsh winter weather, I thought I'd do some complaining of my own. Yesterday, as I ran around the block wearing shorts and a t-shirt, I thought "Wow, it's chilly." As I passed by my house for the third time, I was tempted to go in and put a hoodie on! Three days ago, I wore pants, and actually quit running after this third lap because I was too hot in pants. Ugh! This weather! I just can't figure out what to wear! Somehow, 60 degrees is much different with a little cool breeze. This cold front continued into this morning when - at 9:50, the kids and I went to Blockbuster. Unbeknownst to me, Blockbuster doesn't open until 10:00. As we stood there at the door, I thought "Wow, I wish we had our hoodies." The cool breeze was throwing us off AGAIN! I guess sometimes long sleeves just doesn't cut it. Don't fret, you Utahans, Indianans, Bostonians, Michigonians, Californians... I feel your pain. :)

7 comments:

  1. OH YOU. Ha! This blog made me laugh. WHen it's 70 degrees on the 4th of July in Boston, I'll think of you sweating it out!

    But really... I do miss the Arizona winters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha... oh you poor dear :)

    After living there for eleven days I'm tempted to be a snowbird forever.

    I have worn the same calf-high boots six days in a row, just so I won't get snow in my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Mar, you'll beat us all out with weather complaining when it comes to summertime again!

    Sorry about the coldness. I wish I were there though! I feel like I can't even remember a time when I never wore a real coat during the winter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once my junior year i wore the new pea coat Grandma had bought me in Utah to school. I felt dumb all day. I'd kill for that now!

    Hahaha. Your blog made me laugh so hard! Thanks for the Friday afternoon pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by the way, that's awesome that you're running outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember AZ winters. You do need a jacket, too! We had blue skies and sunshine today for Pres. Hincklely's funeral. It was a beautiful day. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job running in the freezing cold! People don't realize that we don't expect cold, so it just feels so much colder when it drops a few degrees!

    ReplyDelete