We spent Landen's 6th birthday while in Utah. My mom made him the traditional fancy cake, and we sang all THREE verses to "Happy Birthday." ;)
That night, Tom, Landen and I attended a SLC Bee's baseball game. "Bumble," the team's mascot signed Landen's birthday shirt "Happy 6th Bee-day. Bumble." He was SO excited!!!
Also on Landen's birthday, his grandpa gave him a nice, short, safe ride on a Harley.
On the first night we arrived in Utah, we celebrated my grandparents' 55th wedding anniversary. They are a truly amazing couple with an incredible legacy.
My mom made up a song set to the tune of "Clementine." It has 5 verses and was SO cute! Here are the words to the chorus:
Paul and Cheren, Mom and Dad, Grandpa, Grandma,
How you’re loved!
You have blessed us all our lives and
We’re here because of YOU!!!
Upstairs, there is a really cool dinosaur robotics exhibit. Madilyn absolutely freaked out and refused to be in that room... until she noticed the little baby dinos (that weren't moving) and seemed to be saying "Hi." But she still stayed as far away as possible from the gnarling biggies.
One night, my mom and I almost drove ourselves crazy figuring how to go to see Beauty and the Beast at the Murray Amphitheater. (Someone freaked us out by telling us how disastrous the traffic was afterwards AND we thought Madilyn wouldn't do so well.) But, my sweet darling proved us wrong, and sat completely still on my lap throughout the entire 3 hour play! She was absolutely entranced. She couldn't stop talking about the Beast and the wolves for weeks.
On out last night in Utah, we had a grand fireworks show right in front of my parents' house. The neighbor across the street is a fireworks dealer, so he kindly gifted us some super fancy explosives. Madilyn handled the show quite well - as long as I was pressing my hands over her ears.
Well... There are three huge events that I haven't even touched on yet... Any guesses what those 3 might be?
You guys really know how to cram in a lot of fun! Chad's face in the singing picture cracks me up - almost like he's thinking, "What am I getting myself into??" He's a good sport. Mom is so cute. I wish I'd heard her song and been there to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteThree things...could one be Father's Day? Your dad is proudly wearing his orange Suns shirt! Thanks. Loved reading your synopsis! Cute kids!*
ReplyDeleteOh, should we mention that the birthday boy didn't eat a single bite of his cake??? And it wasn't even chocolate! He should stay thin/healthy his whole life! He's a happy, busy guy! First grade!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great trip. The cow incident had me laughing - yuck!!
ReplyDeleteThat cow POOPED!
ReplyDeleteYou coming to Utah was the best thing that happened all summer. I wish you were still here! Chad and I have no one to beat us in ticket to ride!