I think the part of my trip that I most looked forward to was finally getting to meet Trenton. He is such a doll! And a chunker! It was so cute to see Erica as a mother. She's much less high-stress than I was when my kids were that age. I didn't end up with any pictures of Erica & her babe, here's the gorgeous Rachel & her nephew...
I'm so glad I got to be there to experience a "first" in Trenton's life - his first TOOTH made its appearance while we were there.
My dad, sisters and I sang in church, accompanied by my mother. It went great (except that I sang the wrong words on my solo!).
I got to see my Grammy twice and also met my cousin Kendall's fiance, Josh, for the first time. Somehow didn't snap a single picture that evening. Can someone please send me some?
Corey was quite the Guitar Hero.
I completed my second half-marathon this weekend. It went SO well. I didn't even turn my Ipod on until Mile 11. I was just enjoying the scenery while cheering on the cheerleaders. Erica ran her 1st half-marathon, and Sally did the full. Erica sure pulled me through those last few miles. She was amazing. Here's us at the Expo...
The Army had a rock wall at the Expo. I'd never climbed a rock wall before, so I was excited to get check it out. (I had to give them fake info on the release form so they can't recruit me!)
Here's us in our SLC Marathon race shirts...
...Sally whooping me at a handstand competition...
And finally, THE RACE! My dad and Corey caught us a mile 4.
The full marathon runners ran the same course as the half for the first 6 miles, except for having an extra loop through Sugarhouse Park. We just happened to converge with Sally on this corner where the photogs were standing.
Sally looking strong...
The photogs...
We actually got to see Sally cross the finish line. The announcer was randomly cheering on the runners saying "Strong finish #2580!" As Sally came across, my dad shouted up to the him "It's Sally! Sally Williams!" The announcer said "Nice run, Sally. Sally Williamson crosses the finish..."
Corey made us laugh.
G&G's place was within walking distance from the finish. (We had them come pick us up anyway!) We hopped right in their jacuzzi. It was GREAT! I'm so thankful to have come from such a loving, supportive family.
It's amazing how having the opportunity to miss husband and kids really makes you appreciate them. Tom did SO good with the kids. I came home to a clean house and happy, well fed children. Good job, Tom and thanks Mom & Dad!
Such cute pictures! It was so fun to come up and see you, Joshua loved meeting you and Sally! I can't wait to see you in June!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you all on a great race! It was fun to read about it and see all the fun pictures.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to get away. I went on a 10 day trip with my sisters a few years ago, and it was awesome - it did make me appreciate Jess and the kids more (at least for a little while). And...way to go with the race!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend! I've appreciated your mom and dad so much for letting us crash there a few times, always so hospitable, we love to visit with them.
ReplyDeleteI had to enlarge all the photos to get a good look at those muscle-y legs all three of you are working! WOWZA!
ReplyDeleteThe weekend looked FANTASTIC; how fun for all of you involved. One of these years, maybe we can all do a Half together... Christmas? AZ?! :D
What a girl! What a runner! What a sister! What a daughter! What a singer! What a friend! What a sweet mother and wife! Appreciation for others goes a long way! You're amazing! XOX Mom
ReplyDeleteGreat blog Mary! Can we go back now?
ReplyDeleteYeah! I'm so happy that you could come party with us. Good job running the half! I didn't ever hear that story about Sally Williamson, that's funny.
ReplyDeletelove you!
Goodness gracious, I have no idea how I missed this blog!! I just discovered it today. And here I'd been thinking, "The best Utah trip ever and I'm the only one to blog about it??" haha
ReplyDeleteWell, I really, really loved your account of all our Utah adventures. It was so comprehensive and sweet. I have NO IDEA how I pulled off seeming like a calm mother in Utah, but I'm glad I did! I'll take it! :)
Thanks so much for running with me!!! Love you!