Soccer has dominated the Babb household for the last three months. Only three more games to go.
Yipee! It's been GREAT, but also a bit taxing with 4 weeknights taken up by soccer practice and every Saturday morning devoted to games. The kids have both learned a lot, grown athletically and made some very nice friends.
Landen still enjoys soccer most when he's watching you watch him run. He's FAST! This leaves little time for ball kicking. He actually focuses best at practices when Talia joins the opposing team. Last week he even scored a goal. Go
Landen!

Talia's team is much more intense. Their coach really works them hard. The thing Talia enjoys most about being on a soccer team is getting to be her school P.E. instructor's assistant in teaching the class about soccer.
Talia has played Keeper (goalie) a couple of times and has done very well. One of my piano students broker her pinkie finger playing keeper. I would be scared.
Madilyn and my job during the soccer games is to stay out of the sun as much as possible. We wear hats and sleeves while sitting on a blanket under a big umbrella.
Madilyn actually does a very good job of staying put (as long as I'm shoving crackers & raisins in her face!).
Tom's job during the games is to pace up and down the field offering words of encouragement (?!) to our sweet children.
We LOVE it!
This post made me laugh so hard!! I can see Tom pacing up and down the field! And I love your concession--"I would be scared." :) hehee
ReplyDeleteWish I could see Landen running so fast and Talia being the PE assistant. That's awesome!
That's what Dads do, right!? I love it.
ReplyDeleteI think your daughter and I have about the same hair these days. She'll always win the natural contest though! At least I'm tall enough that people will be able to tell us apart from the back.
ReplyDeleteOh, how fun! I wish I could see them play! Landen is looking like such a big boy! I remember watching him run fast over and over again in my last visit to AZ. He's a cutie.
ReplyDeleteThat comment from Nat makes me laugh. That's true--there's no confusing the two girls from the back! Haha....
ReplyDelete